Friday, November 2, 2012

Fifty Shades trilogy

   Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)

Well, I did it. I finally sat down and read the Fifty Shades trilogy. I admit I was reluctant to read these books because there were so many mixed reviews, but I am glad that I did. I enjoyed them. Yep, I said it. I liked the books. BUT, I don’t think they are the awesome-OMG-I’m-going-to-die-if-I-don’t-read-the-next-one-ASAP type book. I thought the main character, Ana, was whiney throughout the entire first book. Seriously, she cried the majority of the time. I liked Christian. He is such a tortured character, that really comes a long way by the end of the series. I especially liked that he didn’t have an overnight transition. It took time for him to change and open up to Ana. My one MAJOR problem with the books is that the author really is a terrible writer. I hate saying that about any author because I can only imagine how hard it is to write a story and then put it out there for the world to pick apart, but I am surprised these books weren’t edited better. The author has a serious problem with repetition, which drove me crazy. All in all, I liked the books and I would probably read more by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment